VP Sales (f/m/d)
We - byrd, an innovative modern tech startup - strive to make shipping a simple and effortless experience. Our modern technology transforms the outdated parcel shipping process that current fulfillment warehouses and online sellers suffer from. We introduce the most advanced technology in the market. Thereby, we currently disrupt and revolutionize the European logistics industry!
By launching an online platform that connects multiple partner warehouses with e-commerce online shops, we managed to make the current fulfillment and shipping processes more efficient, flexible and transparent than ever before. Our customers can lean back and focus on their core competencies such as marketing and product development, while their logistics processes are running automatically and smoothly.
Founded in 2016, we evolved into a successful startup with rapidly growing customers, aiming to expand further and take over the industry!
Therefore, we need YOU as our new VP Sales (m/f/d).
Thus - join us, be part of our journey and let’s mix up the industry together!
Your responsibility @ Byrd:
- As VP Sales, you make sure that byrd’s topline revenue and margin targets are consistently hit and that all sales KPIs, including the sales plan, are readily available for C-level
- You and your team attract further customers and you ensure that our current sales performance remains consistently high and you strive to optimize it
- You are responsible for structuring the sales team in a way that enables us to expand within our target markets, customer groups, and all relevant channels
- You have the unique chance to identify the tools for scaling which the Sales team is going to use in order to make the sales process as transparent and scalable as possible
- You take on leadership responsibility and support your team members with their personal and professional growth
- You build a leading, high performing and strongly cohesive Sales team everyone dreams to be a part of
- You mentor key team members in the sales department, ensure their constant professional growth and assist them within their daily duty execution if necessary
- You constantly collaborate with our Operations team to support a smooth onboarding process of new customers
- You communicate new product requirements or feedback from customers to the Product team so that we can continuously develop our platform and adapt it to our customers’ needs
Your strengths and qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a leading sales position (B2B) ideally with a focus on building and leading a high performing Sales team
- You have already worked in a startup and therefore experienced and internalized the startup spirit to its fullest (ideally in logistics, fulfillment area)
- You are a proactive and self-starting person that craves to implement change and progress
- Thinking in an analytical and strategic way is one of your key qualities
- You possess the ability to translate business objectives into clear sales strategies
- You are outgoing, easily make new contacts and have excellent communication skills (visual, written and oral) in English (C2)
- Bonus: German and every other language is a plus, since we are a diverse team 😉!
What we offer:
- The whole "Standard Berlin Startup Perk Package" with a comfy working environment in Kreuzberg
- A weirdly likable team, with diverse backgrounds and opinions, it’s never going to be boring!
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Fresh fruits, snacks and coffee to satisfy your potential cravings at work
- Support of your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership
- Our biggest accomplishment is keeping YOU happy and healthy!
But let's be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on the company and its customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a respectful attitude within our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.