Senior Android Engineer (m/f/d)
We - byrd, an innovative modern tech startup - strive to make shipping a simple and effortless experience. Our modern technology transforms the outdated parcel shipping process that current fulfillment warehouses and online sellers suffer from. We introduce the most advanced technology in the market. Thereby, we currently disrupt and revolutionize the European logistics industry!
By launching an online platform that connects multiple partner warehouses with e-commerce online shops, we managed to make the current fulfillment and shipping processes more efficient, flexible and transparent than ever before. Our customers can lean back and focus on their core competencies such as marketing and product development, while their logistics processes are running automatically and smoothly.
Founded in 2016, we evolved into a successful startup with rapidly growing customers, aiming to expand further and take over the industry!
Thus - join us, be part of our journey and let’s mix up the industry together!
- Own the development of the app that is used in the warehouses where we ship several thousand parcels every day
- Work closely with the CTO and Head of Product to continuously implement new features and improve the usability of the app
- Analyse and improve the utilization and usability of different features in the app
- Collaborate with the backend developers to improve API requests and implement new endpoints
- Hire and develop more developers as we grow
- Warehouse App
- Native Java Android App
- AWS Device Farm
What we are looking for
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer, several of which with Android
- You already worked as a senior or lead developer, guiding and supporting other engineers in their daily work
- You're an expert in working on the Android platform, Material Design, Unit Tests, and continuous integration pipelines
- You have a Master degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent technical knowledge and experience
- You have a passion for clean code and solid, future-proof architecture
- You understand the importance of writing tests and how to use them to speed up the development cycle
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Big Plus: You have experience in Backend (Python) development
- Experience in UI/UX design and concepts
- Regularly writing blog posts and contributing to open source projects
What we offer:
- The whole "Standard Berlin Startup Perk Package" with a comfy working environment in Kreuzberg
- A weirdly likable team, with diverse backgrounds and opinions, it’s never going to be boring
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and coffee to satisfy your potential cravings at work
- Support of your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership
- Our biggest accomplishment is keeping YOU happy and healthy
But let's be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on the company and its customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a respectful attitude within our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We are looking forward to your application!