Head of Finance (m/f/d)
We - byrd, an innovative modern tech startup - strive to make shipping a simple and effortless experience. Our modern technology transforms the outdated parcel shipping process that current fulfillment warehouses and online sellers suffer from. We introduce the most advanced technology in the market. Thereby, we currently disrupt and revolutionize the European logistics industry!
By launching an online platform that connects multiple partner warehouses with e-commerce online shops, we managed to make the current fulfillment and shipping processes more efficient, flexible and transparent than ever before. Our customers can lean back and focus on their core competencies such as marketing and product development, while their logistics processes are running automatically and smoothly.
Founded in 2016, we evolved into a successful startup with rapidly growing customers, aiming to expand further and take over the industry!
Therefore, we need YOU as our new Head of Finance (m/f/d).
Thus - join us and be part of our journey!
Your responsibilities @ byrd:
- You are the first point of reference for all financial topics at byrd
- You build financial transparency and predictability within byrd
- You turn byrd’s financials into assets that can be utilized by the leadership team
- You ensure that budget deviation is kept to a minimum & improve the credit/debit-ratio
- You monitor & optimize the cost base and predict, handle and improve our cash flow
- You are responsible for our invoices, therefore making sure that partners and customers are charged accurately and timely
- You ensure that our financial plan, budget, and critical metrics are accurate and up-to-date
- You inform our leadership of significant deviations from the budget
Your strengths & qualifications:
- You possess an advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- You have 4+ years of experience in a Finance or Controlling role
- You have excellent analytical skills and profound Excel skills
- You command eminent leadership skills and have experience in employee management
- You have advanced communication skills in English and German (verbal & written, minimum C2 level)
- You possess a deep understanding of business principles and practices
- You are detail-oriented and command an organized working style
- You value humility, integrity, and honesty
- You have experience in working in a start-up environment
What we offer:
- The whole "Standard Berlin Startup Perk Package" with a comfy working environment in Kreuzberg
- A weirdly likable team, with diverse backgrounds and opinions, it’s never going to be boring!
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Fresh fruits, snacks and coffee to satisfy your potential cravings at work
- Support of your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership
- Our biggest accomplishment is keeping YOU happy and healthy!
But let's be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on the company and its customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a respectful attitude within our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We are looking forward to your application!