DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
We - byrd, an innovative modern tech startup - strive to make shipping a simple and effortless experience. Our modern technology transforms the outdated parcel shipping process that current fulfillment warehouses and online sellers suffer from. We introduce the most advanced technology in the market. Thereby, we currently disrupt and revolutionize the European logistics industry!
By launching an online platform that connects multiple partner warehouses with e-commerce online shops, we managed to make the current fulfillment and shipping processes more efficient, flexible and transparent than ever before. Our customers can lean back and focus on their core competencies such as marketing and product development, while their logistics processes are running automatically and smoothly.
Founded in 2016, we evolved into a successful startup with rapidly growing customers, aiming to expand further and take over the industry!
Thus - join us, be part of our journey and let’s mix up the industry together!
- Support our engineering team in software development (CI, CD)
- Build and maintain our server infrastructure on AWS and Heroku
- Maintain and optimize IT Infrastructure in our Warehouses (remote only)
- Optimize and automate various IT processes
- On call shifts may be applicable in the future
- Angular X
- Jasmine test framework
- Microservice Architecture
- Python Flask
- PostgreSQL (SQLAlchemy)
- Redis (Celery, RQ)
- PyTest, Selenium for E2E
- AWS Cloud
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Ansible for Automation
What we are looking for
- IT Background, ideally 2+ years as DevOps Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of at least one Cloud Infrastructure Provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Very good knowledge of Unix/Linux, especially on system level (bash, command line)
- Good knowledge of container/virtualization technologies (Docker, VMs)
- Good knowledge of security best practices
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining Database Servers such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with automation technologies like ansible or packer
What we offer:
- The whole "Standard Berlin Startup Perk Package" with a comfy working environment in Kreuzberg
- A weirdly likable team, with diverse backgrounds and opinions, it’s never going to be boring
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and coffee to satisfy your potential cravings at work
- Support of your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership
- Our biggest accomplishment is keeping YOU happy and healthy
But let's be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on the company and its customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a respectful attitude within our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We are looking forward to your application!