Chief Operating Officer (m/f)
Logistic is a piece of cake!
Byrd’s modern technology, which is transforming the 250-year-old parcel shipping process, makes various logistics processes for retailers seem like a walk in the park.
Thanks to the online platform goods can be stored or large orders can be processed flexibly and transparently. With just a few clicks, a courier can be requested, products can be stored, customized packaging specified, shop systems connected, and shipments tracked until they reach the customer. This way, Byrd helps retailers to save money, time and to concentrate on their core business to sell even more successfully.
Due to increasing interest in our client’s product and the company’s growth potential, Byrd is currently looking for a Chief Operating Officer (m/f) based in Berlin - to bring business to the next level.
How will you make a difference @ Byrd – see for yourself
You’re going to
- act as first point-of-reference for all operation related inquiries (focus on logistics with the possibility to take over HR and finance)
- manage the whole ecommerce supply chain and customer support - especially B2B with warehouse and transportation partner in order to develop strategies to improve speed of orders, service quality and to reduce costs
- be responsible for quality and profitability of the existing supply chain as well as expanding the network with new partners, by identifying and connecting additional warehouses in other countries
- negotiate prices with service partners for warehouse operations, deliveries and new service patterns and be in charge for the onboarding of new logistic partners and ensure they are able to work efficiently and thus profitable
- put huge emphasis on continually assessing and improving supply chain processes by running the company like a clockwork, through digitalisation and advanced data analysis, to increase efficiency for all ecommerce orders
- develop and maintain periodic reports and KPIs
- lead a high-performance logistic team and create an exciting, dynamic and sustainable work environment that ensure the efficient execution of functions across the entire logistic department
- ensure constant feedback loop on how to improve byrd's logistic facing product
- proven track record in a leadership role and 6+ years of relevant experience in ecommerce logistics either from the start-up ecosystem or with a corporate background
- high competence in warehouse operations as well as warehouse management systems and comprehensive understanding of B2C ecommerce and supply chain management
- acquired experience as a business consultant (e.g. Deloitte, Accenture, BCG etc.) is an advantage
- have a high performance orientation and excellent entrepreneurial thinking (also in terms of profitability)
- excellent communication skills and a proven track record of enabling collaboration between multiple department
- fluent in English (German is a plus)
- prioritization, able to shift focus to urgent issues while not falling behind on other duties
- able to create and maintain professional relationships with logistic partners
- calm and confident, always maintain a friendly disposition even (and especially) under pressure
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to experience an authentic start-up atmosphere in a dynamic work environment
- Creative leeway in a key management position
- Work with a diverse and motivated team
- Respectful communication and exchanging of ideas
- Full-time position in Berlin (Germany)
Are you up for it? We can’t wait to meet our future Chief Operating Officer!
Get in touch now!